Practicum & Intern Program
Rate per session
Practicum Student - $30
Intern - $100
*Practicum Students & Interns can offer in-person, or online counselling but are not able to offer walk & talk.
We run both a Practicum & Intern Program at MxN, which follows both BCACC and CCPA ethical standards. We have received some really positive feedback about our clients' experience with both students & interns who have worked with us on this program to date. If money is tight right now either the Practicum or Intern option may be a good fit for you!
Practicum Student - Sydney Bokenfohr
Some benefits of working with a Practicum student:
- sessions are charged at a much lower rate.
- students receive weekly supervision from the Clinical Lead to ensure that our clients' needs are being met.
- they are currently learning a lot of new information, so bring fresh ideas and enthusiasm to their practice.
- they have regular access to their University Department and a team of counsellors they can ask questions and check in with.
Intern - Trien Cao
Some benefits of working with an Intern:
- sessions are charged at a lower rate than other freshly qualified counsellors in the field.
- interns receive bi-weekly supervision from the Clinical Lead to ensure that our clients' needs are being met.
- they are fresh out of school so have up-to-date knowledge about their work, along with some years of clinically supervised experience of working with clients.